Monday 5 March 2012

Can't believe it's Monday again!

Had a brilliant time at the Creative Craft Show last Thursday. Went on my own but that was Ok because I took my time to stand and watch demos, sit outside in the sunshine looking at the Malvern Hills. I booked in to a Lucet workshop that didn't start until 3pm, it was not hard to fill time.

Ziggy reassured me that I was using my Lucet correctly and showed me some techniques to speed up the cord making. We all made a simple bracelet with a running bead closure.
www.thelucet.co.uk

I bought quite a lot my best purchase was an Artist Trading Card Kit for £2 it has so much stuff in it. Looking forward to making them up and giving them away to my arty friends.

In addition I got the ATC stamp set by Darkroom Door, love it.

 The simple things are the best sometimes and I got a very simple braiding tool, I came home and braided some of the lucet cords into a larger braid that could be used for bag straps/handles etc.




Have to now learn how to tie knots so that I can make more of my lucet cord.

Best of all going to a Craft Show really refuels the imagination, even down to wanting to get my knitting machine out again. It has been lanquishing in the loft for many years, mainly because when it's up it needs lots of space and I have forgotten how to set it up.I was advised just to go for it and not worry if it goes wrong, just play.

Well probably enough for today.

Stay inspired!

Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment