Monday 24 September 2012

A long entry, mostly photos!

Will name this post when it's written as I have know idea what the focus of it is yet. Although I have been crafting in the past week, I seem to have been more caught up with family and friends.

Last Thursday evening I went on a three and a half mile walk around Goodrich near Ross on Wye. It was beautiful and thankfully easy going. It was lovely to watch the sunset over the Herefordshire countryside and then end up in a pub!

Unfortunately I did not take any photos, but hey ho I do have the memory and the inspiration that I always gain from being outdoors.

On Saturday afternoon, hubby, Louis and I went for a bit of an amble in a local wood that we hadn't visited before. It certainly made going to the supermarket a less daunting task. 

Sweet Chestnut



The dappled sunlight through the trees was warm and golden. The air was filled with the wonderful smells of early autumn.

I intend to use the photos in my smash book to record a small adventure.








Every day I take Louis out for at least one walk/play. It has made a remarkable difference to my sense of wellbeing. He loves to find other dogs to run around with, he also likes the river and so do I.











I really wish I knew how to format my photos within the post?

Anyone have an idea or actually know, please please leave a comment.

I am lucky enough to have the river almost on my doorstep so to speak.









Recently I joined Art Geeks, an online art community. Courtney Brooks showed us how she incorporates photos into her art journal pages.This was my attempt. I tried to upload to the Art Geeks Facebook page from my HTC phone but it didn't work? I like to think that it is floating around the ether some where.

The photo is of  the waterfall within Guiness Storehouse, Dublin. It was one that got left out of my travel journal for some reason, this was a good way not to waste it. It also sparked fond memories of the trip last February.

Talking of travel journals, my daughter and partner have just gone to Canada for a fortnight. So I took the opportunity to make them a journal, using mostly recyled materials and scraps. I didn't take photos as I was in such a hurry to get it to them I forgot. Maybe they will let me take snaps of the completed journal.

Well that probably is enough of my waffling.

Just keep crafting, see you soon.

Hannah  x










































No comments:

Post a Comment