I found an old CD that I had already worked on - although I did not know it at the time, I only looked at the printed side when I was punching the holes with my crop-o-dile. I was really pleased to find that I had previously used Adriondak Alcohol inks and a sharpie to decorate.
I worked crochet through the punched holes and then in rounds to create a doily effect. I had only eyeballed the holes so the stitches are not that even.
This is my second jigsaw puzzle that I have decorated recently. This time I took it apart to start with and gesso'd each piece and used acrylic paint over that. At this point I reassembled the puzzle,then added more paint through stencils to create leaves and flowers. I used a variety of stamps on the background and then stamped the words on to old book paper. I doodled around the flowers and drew in stems and leaves.
A jumble of crafty goodies! More doilies, the jigsaw in it's pillow box, cut with the silhouette; a knitted necklace made from left over bits of yarn. I will certainly be making more of all of these.