Sunday 19 February 2012

Rugby, Guiness and Knitting

I do wonder about myself a lot of the time these days? I just put in the title and pressed publish, what am I like.

Last weekend was spent with hubby in Dublin. We flew in on the Thursday morning and out again on Monday, so we had plenty of time to explore.

The hotel was within walking distance to almost all of the sights, shops and of course pubs. We visited the Guiness Storehouse, entrance price included a pint of Guiness in the Gravity Bar with a 360 degree view over the city and to the Wicklow mountains.

We found a great pub in which to watch the RBS Six Nations Rugby matches and esconced ourselves there in front of the large screen on both the Saturday and the Sunday games. Thoroughly recommend O'Neills. Pity that the Ireland v France game was cancelled two minutes before kick off!

During the matches I sat and knitted a spiral scarf, I got some funny looks I can tell you, but I always knit whilst watching rugby on TV. Haven't got a photo yet but will put one up soon of the finished scarf.

Whilst we were away I also kept a travel journal. Will perhaps do a You Tube video on that.

That's all for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment