Tuesday 22 May 2012

I've been out and about

This weekend I went to visit my eldest daughter Clem in Stockport, we had a great time. I travelled up by train on Saturday morning and after a light lunch at her flat we headed in to Manchester. I love Manchester or at least the bits I have seen of it over the past eight years that Clem has lived 'up North'.

We spent time looking in the vintage shops, book stores and drinking coffee in an art cafe. In Afflecks Palace we rummaged in the Bead Shop and spent too much on pretty things.
Afflecks Palace Re-vamped

I took my Smash Book with me so I was collecting bits and pieces to put in it from my trip. Manchester has a really vibrant art scene and there are wonderful postcards, flyers everywhere for the taking.I feel another junk journal coming on.



Just walking a long the streets you come across all sorts of randomness, like this...

I wonder how long it took and when it was done? Certainly brightens up the car park.





 I bought Clem a copy of Keri Smith's Wreck this Journal.

It has some hilarious prompts to follow, like tie it on to a bit of string and take it for a walk, dragging it. Clem is going to have so much fun, she has already thrown it across the room and made a paper airplane! I so want one myself now.


After a great Chinese meal for two, we took our seats in the Opera house to see a performance of Vampirete. A comedy musical, we laughed so much my sides hurt.




Sunday morning we were up early and out to a Car Boot Sale, I am always looking out for ephemera etc. I managed to find a 1959 Stanley Gibbons Stamp Catalogue  for 25p. I am not sure that I can rip it up now.

A 4 mile circular walk from Alderley Edge to Hare Hill Gardens,was beautiful in the sunshine, good to get some fresh air and exercise. Plenty of photos!

Back to the flat, TV, and of course putting bits and pieces in Smash Book, whilst laughing at our antics. Returned to Hereford on Monday morning full of ideas and raring to get creative!





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend Hannah!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam it was great and very inspirational.

      Delete